Hi, my name is Sehrish Qureshi.
🎨 I’m a 3d Artist who is artistic and technically proficient in modeling, texturing, rendering, compositing, and lighting. I am passionate about using 3d as an artistic medium to create innovative and immersive experiences.
🎓 3d Animation & Visual Effects at Vancouver Film School (2020). pursued a concentration in 3d Asset, Prop, and Environment Modeling
🌇 Toronto native, with a passion for engaging and immersive storytelling.
☛ Created an animated travel ad for Canada that explored the country coast to coast from a plucky VW Bug’s point of view. Modeled, textured, and completed 5 environments to capture the spirit of each locale.
☛ 3D Artist for Kindred.ai. Consistently created and supervised the refinement of high-quality models to promote Kindred’s AI-powered robot, the SORT.
☛ Expert in project management, leading cross-functional in-house and virtual teams in domestic and international locations.
☛ Big-picture and bottom-line focused, facilitating production through the entire pipeline from conceptual design to final rendering and execution.
💪🏽 KEY STRENGTHS:
- Hard Surface Modeling: Prop and asset development for characters and environments (weapons, vehicles, tools, set/background elements, etc).
- Environment Modeling: Building complete set environments (blocking, layout, buildings, interiors, exteriors, terrain, plant life, etc).
- Proficient in: Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox.
- Able to craft both photorealistic and hand-painted textures using PBR workflow.
- Implement uniform spaced geometry to support texturing/painting and UV mapping pipeline.
- UV layouts, baking, color space, shading, look development.
- Proficient in: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Photoshop
- Combine all digital material for the final sequence.
- Composition & lighting, render set up, AOV’s, video editing, color correction.
- Proficient in: Nuke, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After-Effects, Final Cut Pro, Redshift, Arnold, Vra
A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT ME:
🏔 In my free time, you can find me adoring a birds-eye view as I fly my drone over landscapes and cityscapes. I love capturing scenic beauty from an ariel angle.
3D Modeler Apr 2020 - Feb 2021
Kindred AI Toronto, ON
- Influenced customer enrollment 50% by using Maya to create and texture a 3D mockup of Kindred’s first product line, the SORT Robot.
- Utilized PBR workflow to texture 3D model using Photoshop, which was on track to increase lead generation prior to COVID-19-related downsizing.
- Collaborated with designers to understand requirements and design challenges to ensure tight deadlines were met.
- Accurately translated 2D concept designs and sketches into 3D, later used for marketing and promotion.
- Optimized, retopologized, and refined model in preparation for the 3D animated video which was used at customer demos, leading to an increase in customer interest and engagement.
Robot Pilot (Remote) Jun 2017 - Jan 2019
- Tele-operated the SORT Robot in Unity to provide feedback to the AI Research team.
- Instrumental in establishing the robot’s peak performance by reviewing production builds that ensured the highest quality. Successfully guided the Software team through specifications for updates.
- Hired and managed a team of 6 Robot Pilots to handle customer deployment sites spread across five U.S states.
- Launched new customers into business by traveling on-site to mentor supervisory staff using training presentations.
- Mentored factory staff on handling and communicating ongoing software & hardware issues remotely, by using Slack.
- Maintained service levels using a remote on-call status for all overnight disruptions in robot performance and warehouse operations.
- Developed production-ready animations and storyboards for YouTube Creators’ intro scenes and closing credits, by following artistic direction laid out in the project brief.
- Supported creators in following design guidelines and providing creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Conducted regular review sessions to keep up with the latest trends in viral content, video creation, and technology.
- Managed daily troubleshooting and handling of all creative and technical challenges, demonstrating excellent communication skills and attention to detail.